There are many dive clubs that you could join, so why join us?
- It costs what it costs: the club is a sole entity and is non-profit making. This means you’re not paying for anyone else’s diving but your own – not guides/leaders/representatives… The trip organiser pays the same as you. All membership fees are invested in the club to support social activities and also to provide valuable safety kit for dive trips.
- Simple organisation: unlike other clubs where they’ll organise the diving but you have to sort out all other things (like dinner and accomodation), nearly all ADC trips are fully organised. That means we’ll sort out accomodation and make the booking for dinner at a local restaurant – so you can just enjoy yourself.
- Good Organisers: ADC trips are always well organised fair. For locations we’ve been before we know the best hotels and restaurants, and for new places we make sure we’ve done our research to try and give our members the best value for money trips around. In addition, all of our trip organisers are O2 trained so should there be any mishaps on the boat, at least one person knows what to do.
- Other Member Benefits: A free “money can’t buy” Beanie Hat, discounts on food at our local pub, discounts on training nights in the pool.
- Great Trips: We don’t just pick what we want to do, we research and try and give our members the diving they want. We also pay attention to tides and pick the weekends that will give the best dives and so you’re not being dragged along in a severe current.
- Social: The reason the club is strong and has maintained diving membership is we all get along so well. Club nights with talks and other great social events (Christmas party = awesome) help get everyone together even when we’re not underwater.
- Diving: Unlike other clubs who focus on the social side and the diving is almost an afterthought – we’re here for the wetstuff. We’ll have a good time no doubt, but when other clubs decide to party the night away and miss a days diving, we’re there on the boat having another cracking day in the water.
- Great Places: From Cornwall to Scotland, from Malta to Swanage, we try and give our members the best diving we can. A good spread of activities and locations and also catering for a variety of levels of experiences – we want the best for our members.
- We don’t leave you stranded – we’ll always try and make sure that the buddy teams for a trip are well balanced. That way even if you are a new diver, we’ll try and buddy you up with someone more experienced so you’re not thrown in at the deep end.
- The Shop – it’s always there for a coffee and a chat, and you just can’t get good hearted abuse from Ian anywhere else!
We think ADC is a fantastic group of people and great diving all rolled into one. Why not come down to a club night (2nd Thursday every month at the Norbiton & Dragon) to meet up.